Thursday, November 13, 2014

Christmas With Linda Glaz

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

So many exciting things are happening. One of which, I am excited to announce that I get to be part of. Several writers, and I are releasing a Christmas Anthology, especially for you. There's something for everyone in this book. I'll talk more about that later.

FIRST I want to introduce you to a few of my friends, incredible writers, who are part of this project. And because I love to hear about traditions, I've asked each to share their favorite with us. 

Meet Linda Glaz. 


Words from a Christmas-a-holic.
Can you smell the cookies baking? Taste the icy eggnog? Imagine the Baby in the manger?
Yes, I’ll admit it. I’m a Christmas-a-holic. And I have no intention of an intervention. I want to be addicted to the happiest day of the year.
MERRY CHRISTMAS! I’m not afraid to say it!
I love Christmas. From the shopping for the right gift, to the special services at church, the music, the cassette (yes, my car’s 17 years old) of Miracle on 34th Street that I listen to at least two or three dozen times between Halloween and Christmas, the bright paper and ribbons, and most of all: FAMILY!
What have I left out? Books. Wonderful books about Christmas.
One of my favorites that I read numerous times each year is:
A Christmas Gift by Glendon Swartout, originally The Melodeon. If you are nostalgic at all, this book will send you over the top. A young boy is taken in by grandparents during the Depression. Wonderful story of love and growing up!
Christmas Gift, Lucy Agnes Hancock. Written in the 30s, a Harlequin romance about family. Wonderful story of two old folks who simply want their very successful children back home for a Christmas visit.
Yes, I tend to like sappy and cheesy at Christmastime. I’ll admit it. It makes my heart sing. Here’s a new one that I’m proud to be part of:
Christmas Treasures!
An anthology of heartwarming short fiction.
I so enjoyed being part of this amazing work. Short stories, all different, but sharing one thing. They all celebrate Christmas. Look for it soon on Amazon.


Linda S. Glaz


I trust you've enjoyed a glimpse into Linda's favorite things about Christmas. Please come again for more about the Christmas Treasures authors.

Weaving words for the heart and soul,
Karlene A. Jacobsen
Freelance Writer
southpawscribbler@gmail.com

7 comments:

  1. Oh, and fudge. Who can have Christmas without homemade fudge!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're making me hungry! I love fudge. And caramel corn. And hot chocolate. And ...

      I better quit.

      Delete
  2. Linda, you are so perfect for Christmas! :) With the huge groups of relatives and friends that I've packed into my house at Christmas---I think of "work" when Christmas comes! I get the "reindeer" in the headlights look! Karlene, I'm with you....the fudge is something to look forward to. Here in the deep south, hot chocolate doesn't come up on the menu until February! Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Christmastime, too, Linda. I'm actually one of those people who likes fruitcake. My mother-in-law used to make the best fruitcakes ever. She's with the Lord, now, but whenever I see a fruitcake, I think of the fabulous smells in her kitchen and of helping her measure out each ingredient as she tried to teach me. But my cakes never tasted as good as hers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way about carrot cake, Susan. My mom made the best I've ever had, and since she moved to heaven last year, I've often thought about how I'm going to miss those amazing carrot cakes.

      Delete
  4. Christmas is WONDERFUL - and I love Linda's enthusiasm about it. :) Love Christmas stories too - looking forward to this one (and not just cuz I'm in it LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Christmas is all about sharing the One thing we Christians are happy to have in common.

    Karlene, thanks for hosting Linda!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping. I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...