Thursday, September 25, 2014

Heading for the Finish Line

In just a few short days I will be returning to the classroom for another year's pursuit of my RN license. I tell people there are only two things I've ever wanted to do with my life: write and work in medicine. And is it any wonder that God has this notion that I will get to do both? Both now, and in the future, writing will be part of my life as I create word documents as academic papers, powerpoint presentations for class, research papers, or assisting other students with their writing. I also get to spend time in my "sandbox" as I link words and watch fun stories form that touch the readers' hearts and entertain at the same time.

For now, I am focused on my degree. I know this is where God is leading me, although it's difficult to scale my efforts to write a novel back to simple blog posts and/or journal entries. But, it will be worth the sacrifices when I cross the stage and receive my RN pin, begin my new career in a hospital, and grow in the field of medicine, helping others learn healthy habits.

Until then, please visit often as I record this journey to the finish line.

Weaving words for the heart and soul,
Karlene A. Jacobsen
Freelance Writer
southpawscribbler@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping. I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...